What are you?

Writers write :: Pick a first line and write for 10 minutes :: Don't stop. Don't edit. Don't judge. :: Write.

Friday, April 27, 2012

Daily First Line -- 4/27/12

I bought a book the other day I've been meaning to buy for a while:  Blake Snyder's Save The Cat: The Last Book On Screenwriting You'll Ever Need.

I forget who first recommended it, but "I need to check that out," has always been in the back of my mind.  When I found myself in a bookstore recently (thank god some still exist), I turned to my left, and it was right there at eye level. I took it as a sign and paid the extra bucks in Canadian dollars (I'm in Toronto right now) to get it.

Has anyone read it?  Opinions?  I'm gonna devour it this weekend.  I love that, in the introduction, he puts the philosophies of Joseph Campbell and Robet McKee up there on the pedestals where they belong.

In the meantime, on to the important stuff, like actually writing today...

^^^^^^^^^^^

First Line:  It was a surprise, hearing from her after all these years.

No comments:

Post a Comment