What are you?

Writers write :: Pick a first line and write for 10 minutes :: Don't stop. Don't edit. Don't judge. :: Write.

Monday, April 16, 2012

Daily First Line -- 4/16/12

It just occurred to me that I could've provided themed first lines over the weekend: something tax-related, or maybe something Titanic-related.  If the thought had occurred to me, though, I would've dismissed it.  The point is to make these first lines specific enough to trigger an image or a situation to write about, yet vague enough not to influence your writing.

What do you all think?  Are the lines helping to trigger your creativity?  Or do you stare at them and have no idea what to write?  I'll experiment with some longer, more specific first lines this week, so you can get a feel for both types.

Meanwhile, today's first line:

^^^^^^^^^^^

First line:  I'm bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment