What are you?

Writers write :: Pick a first line and write for 10 minutes :: Don't stop. Don't edit. Don't judge. :: Write.

Sunday, May 27, 2012

Daily First Line -- 5/27/12

Tim Steffen likes doing Quicksies, and he's sent me a couple of his exercises to read.  I love that!  I love when people get as excited about this writing exercise as I do.  So, I asked him if he'd also like to submit some first lines for me to use in the blog, so I could write from them.

The problem in thinking up a new First Line each day is that I don't get to write for ten minutes based on it.  By the time I come up with a line, and post it in the blog/Facebook/Twitter, I've already thought about it too long.  Anything I'd write from it would be premeditated instead of spontaneous.

But writing from someone else's first line lets me be spontaneous!  Today's earlier post farther down the page is what I wrote from Tim's first line.

Do your exercise first, then go read mine.  And send me yours if you want.  I'd love to read it and post several different exercises all written from the same first line.

Here is today's first line, compliments of Tim:

.

.
The cup fell off the table and shattered.
.
.
.


No comments:

Post a Comment